Due to a sidewalk reconstruction project by the…
From cremations to burials at sea, each culture has its…
Climbing Wall Hours: Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Beaver – Nuisance or Restoration Partner?…
Relaxation College can be a very stressful time to be a…
Access and Diversity Center 2012-2013 Diversity Awards
Diversity Awards Categories and Descriptions:
Diversity Service Award
The Access and Diversity Center Award acknowledges and honor the efforts of students, faculty/staff who has strived to promote understanding, acceptance, and awareness of diversity forums at Utah State University, community or group.
Diversity Equality Award
This award recognizes a student who exhibits activities and/or behavior that supports the inclusions of all students in all aspects of campus life. All students regardless of age, race, natural origin, or status should have an equal “Aggie experience.”
Diversity Student Organization or Club Award
This award recognizes the any student organization/club that has shown value, character, and has exemplified diversity among groups. This club would represent an overall capitulation of diversity among groups.
Aggie Diversity Student Award
This award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to diversity by representing a specific group and contributing to that group’s awareness and success at Utah State University.
The Diversity Advocacy Award
To be awarded to an individual or group, faculty/staff member who has shown great leadership in the advancement of the Access and Diversity’s mission and supportive goals and objectives.
- Student – any currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student
- Student organization/club – any currently recognized student organization
- Team – any university sponsored group made up of students, faculty, and/or staff (i.e. a committee, task force, community program)
- Faculty – any faculty that works to increase diversity among campus
The criteria for evaluating nominations:
- Nominees have demonstrated outstanding commitment to the value of diversity
- Nominees have demonstrated outstanding efforts to promote an environment free from bias and discrimination
- Nominees have worked to provide students, faculty, and staff a university experience rich in perspectives and opportunities to learn from each other
Judging will be performed by a panel of selected department personnel.
Submissions, Evaluations and Judging
Timeline and judging process will be announced during spring semester.