Access and Diversity Center
Due to a sidewalk reconstruction project by the…
From cremations to burials at sea, each culture has its…
Climbing Wall Hours: Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Beaver – Nuisance or Restoration Partner?…
Relaxation College can be a very stressful time to be a…
What is Connections?
A 2 credit, graded academic course (USU 1010) designed to prepare you for your collegiate experience and ease your transition to Utah State University. The course provides opportunities to explore the university environment, develop academic connections, and discover ways to broaden your educational experience.
- Meets twice a week for 10 weeks
- For students who are older than the traditional incoming new student
- Discover academic, financial, and health resources that will support your academic career
- Learn how to navigate the Canvas system and use the library
- Explore successful academic strategies, such as note-taking, reading and remembering, and battling test anxiety
- Emphasis on balancing work, school and family
- Learn about campus activities that will engage you and your family in the campus environment
What do former Connections students have to say about thier experience?
“I loved the format of this class. As a 26-year-old professional, I would not have liked being in a class with thirty 18-year-olds. Yet I need this information more than they do.”
“It has helped me to realize that I am not the only one that has problems like feeling old or alone. I feel like I already have a support group of my peers.”
10 Week Option
- Course Title: USU 1010, UNIVERSITY CONNECTIONS
- CRN: 14582
- Class Time: T R, 3:00pm - 4:15pm
- Location: LIB 421