Access and Diversity Center
Due to a sidewalk reconstruction project by the…
From cremations to burials at sea, each culture has its…
Climbing Wall Hours: Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Beaver – Nuisance or Restoration Partner?…
Relaxation College can be a very stressful time to be a…
Nontraditional Student Association (NTSA)
Welcome Nontraditional Students to life at Utah State University. As a returning student, you will need to connect with support systems and resources. The Access and Diversity Center is a great first connection to get you going. As a Nontraditional student I have benefited from their services and knowledge of campus programs. Stop in and check out what the Nontraditional Student Association can do to help keep you motivated and successful.
- Lori Wood, NTSA Advisory Board, 2011-2012.
NTSA Advisory Board Contact Info:
Upcoming Events & Activities
- 9/22/2012: NTSA Opening Social
- 10/20/2012: Tailgate Party at USU Football Game, Romney Stadium
- TBA: NTSA Stuff A Bus Night with the USU Service Center
- 1/13/2013: Know Your Funding Lunch
- 3/5 – 3/22/13: NTSA Elections
- 3/27/2013: Spring into Fun Game Tournament
- 4/24/2013: NTSA Closing Social
2013-2014 NTSA Board Member Elections
- 3/5 – 3/15/13: Applications accepted from Board Member Candidates.
- 3/18 – 3/19/13: Applicants meet with Access & Diversity Center Staff to create election videos
- 3/20 – 3/22/13: NTSA Elections open via Survey Monkey
- 3/22/13: NTSA Election Results Announced
2013-2014 Board Member Candidates
- Candidate Videos (coming soon)
- Candidate Bios (coming soon)
NTSA Structure & Function
The Nontraditional Student Association (NTSA) will be head up by four Advisory Board Members, all equal in position and responsibility. Advisory Board Members are required to carry a minimum of 9 credit hours per semester during their service, and obtain a 2.5 semester GPA during their service. The Student Association will be co-advised by the Access & Diversity Center Nontraditional Program Coordinator and an invited staff faculty member outside of the Access & Diversity Center.
Advisory Board Member Time Commitment:
Advisory Board members agree to fulfill a minimum 5 hour per month commitment engaged in activities as described below.
Advisory Board Member Responsibilities:
- Advisory Board Meeting. The Board will meet once per month. The Board will utilize email (and/or other forms of electronic communication) as a main source of communication, not meetings.
- NTSA Club Meeting/Activity. The Board will host one activity per month for Nontraditional Students and NTSA members. It will be the Board's responsibility to plan and execute this activity. Each semester, the Board will host one social, one service project, and two other activities as determined by the Board.
- Feedback. The Board will provide feedback and input, as well as solicit feedback from peers, regarding the efficacy of Access & Diversity Center's programming in meeting the needs of Nontraditional students at Utah State University.
- Mentoring. Board members will serve as a Nontraditional Student Mentor a minimum of 1 hour per month.