UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY STUDENT DEVELOPMENT OFFICER JOB DESCRIPTION
Rate: $9.00/hour (with opportunities to earn incentives based on your performance)
Reports to: Nick Sorensen, Associate Director of Development
Department: University Advancement
Job Overview: A USU Student Development Officer is individually and collaboratively responsible for assisting USU in reaching its annual giving goals by communicating the value of the University's mission, raising the alumni participation rate, acquiring financial support, and serving as a resource to the University's constituencies.
Qualifications: Student Development Officers must be reliable, energetic, articulate communicators, and work well within a group setting. The ideal student is enthusiastic, conversant and involved with and about USU. Networking and relationship building experience is also key.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Commit to working 10-15 hours each week and understand that unexcused absences or tardies will not be tolerated
- Create relationship with assigned pool of 100–150 alumni and friends of USU to:
- Confirm and update address and employment information
- Thank for previous support
- Ask alumni to support USU with an annual leadership level gift after several contacts by phone and email
- Keep alumni and friends connected and informed about current events and campus improvements as well as the status of USU's campaign
- Enter updates into database accurately
- Strong writing and grammtical skills are required
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling shifts
- Be knowledgeable about Utah State University and its colleges
- Work with other student development officers in a team–oriented environment
- Participate in required trainings
Remember: Phone numbers, addresses, and giving records are confidential and should not be discussed with others. Any violation of confidentiality will result in dismissal.