Important Information and Links for New Advisors
- FERPA - Learn about the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) including important information regarding privacy and your responsibility to maintain it.
- Access or Self Service Banner (SSB) versus Internet Native Banner (INB) - Discover the uses and functions of each, access codes and definitions, and find information on obtaining Banner access and training.
- Forms - Access a variety of registration (Add/Drop, Pass/Fail) and records (Change of Major, Academic Renewal) forms commonly used in advising students. Scroll the page for form explanations and descriptions. Instructions are typically located on the forms. Advising forms used by the University Advising office are available online.
- Advisor Resource Information - Find contact information for advisors across campus. For advisor information at your fingertips, save the list to your desktop or print a hard copy for quick access.
- Professional Development - There are many workshops, committees, conferences and associations you can attend and belong to develop professionally.
- Advisor Listserv - Join a voluntary electronic mailing list for new and experienced advisors. Have a question that an experienced advisor could help you answer? You may join/unsubscribe by sending an email to