Amenities, Programs, and Services
The USU Student Recreation & Wellness Center (SRWC) project will address the indoor recreational needs of USU Logan Campus students including: open recreation use; Intramural Sports, Club Sports, non-credit bearing fitness and wellness classes; activities by campus organizations such as concerts and dances; university special events, and general student use. The SRWC will be a modern, signature building that presents a vibrant, active image of the campus community. The SRWC will present an integrated approach to fitness, wellness, and recreation for USU students by bringing together the Department of Campus Recreation, the Student Health and Wellness Center, and the Outdoor Recreation Program. The SRWC will incorporate, as a basic design principle, the element of flexibility to adapt to shifting programmatic and user requirements. Functional elements of the SRWC will likely include:
- Fitness center with new locker rooms, an indoor running/jogging/walking track, a climbing center, and cardio/weight rooms.
- Three full-size basketball/volleyball courts.
- Study lounges and multi-media meeting rooms;
- A multi-activity court that can also serve as a venue for lectures, convocations, entertainment, or theatrical events;
- Health-themed café and lounge space;
- The Outdoor Recreation Program;
- The Student Health and Wellness Center; and
- Campus Recreation offices with support and storage space.