Alpha Gamma Chapter of Chi Omega Legacy Scholarship
The Chi Omega Legacy Scholarship was started through the very generous support of many Chi Omegas from the Alpha Gamma Chapter at Utah State University and other friends of Chi Omega. Its purpose is to establish a lasting legacy of the Alpha Gamma Chapter at Utah State and to provide scholarships for the descendants of members of that chapter.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
Students must meet the following criteria to be considered for the Chi Omega Legacy Scholarship:
• Be enrolled at Utah State University
• Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of submission
• Must be a child or grandchild, brother or sister of a former member of the Alpha Gamma Chapter of Chi Omega
• Aspire to achieve the purposes of Chi Omega: campus involvement, community service, high level of personal standards, and friendship, career development and scholarship.
• Be a US Citizen
• Be attending USU in the year they receive the award (ie, scholarship cannot be deferred)
How are the applications judged?
Applications are submitted to the USU Alumni Relations office. Submitted applications will then be directed to the Chi Omega selection committee and reviewed to ensure applicant meets all requirements.
How many scholarships are awarded?
The amount of the awards will be determined by the size of the endowment and the yearly interest that is earned on that endowment.
How do I get an application
Applications are only available online. Please fill out the form below.
When will I be notified?
The Alumni Relations office will begin sending award letters as soon as they hear back from the Chi Omega selection committee. Letters are usually mailed around April 1. The deadline to accept the offer is May 1.