Roles and Responsibilities of SI Faculty
A faculty member who has SI for his/her course has a specific role
and responsibilities, as described below:
- Meet with your SI leader before each semester and regularly throughout the semester to answer questions or address concerns.
- Provide a course textbook for your SI leader.
- Include your SI leader's name, email, and SI session schedule on your
syllabus and Canvas course site.
- Allow your SI leader 5-10 minutes during the first day of class to introduce
him/herself and SI to your students.
- Regularly encourage your students to attend SI.
- Allow the Academic Success Center and your SI leader to administer a 5-minute, in-class, midterm and an online end-of-semester evaluation
of SI with your students.
- Assist the Academic Success Center by identifying and referring qualified
applicants to be intereviewed as SI leaders for your course.