Due to a sidewalk reconstruction project by the…
On April 19 the USU NIFA team will be holding a Halo 4…
From cremations to burials at sea, each culture has its…
Climbing Wall Hours: Saturdays from 1-3 p.m. The Swaner…
Beaver – Nuisance or Restoration Partner?…
Big Blue Auditions
|When:||Wednesday, April 3, 2013|
Check-in at 3:00pm
Auditions begin at 4:00pm
|Where:||Dee Glenn Smith Spectrum (850 N 800 E)|
|What To Expect:||
Come prepared with a 2 to 3 minute Skit set to music incorporating, Dance Skills, Crowd Interaction, Tumbling, Creativity. You may use props.
You will also be given some situations to see how you react and your improvisational skills.
Please bring a filled-out registration form and a non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 with you (if you are under 18 years of age, make sure the application has your parent's signature on it). You can print the registration form on-line under Audition Application, pick one up in the Taggart Student Center (room 326), or call (435) 797-2912 and we can send you one. Auditions are closed to everyone except the participants, judges and those helping with the auditions.Download The
Utah State University will not be held responsible or liable for any injuries that may occur during these auditions. If selected to be a member of the USU Spirit Squad you are required to have a personal health insurance plan.
About The Position
- It is important that you understand the amount of commitment that is expected and required of you if you are selected to be Big Blue.
- You will be required to be available for numerous appearances as well as all home and occasional away games, meets, matches, etc. Both Men's and Women's sports expect Big Blue to be at those events.
- Big Blue is required to have and maintain a 2.5 GPA in order to be eligible to participate.
- Our goal at tryouts is to field a squad of talented individuals who are also a good fit for our program. We are looking for those who BEST will be able to represent USU and the Athletic Department. We will only consider individuals who are willing to work hard, take direction, dedicate time and give energy to building up Big Blue and his image, and to be the best representative of one of the country's BEST and beloved Mascots.
- THIS IS A HUGE TIME COMMITMENT
Tryout Policies and Conduct
- You MUST be admitted to USU in order to tryout
- Complete Risk and Release form to be submitted at registration
- NO VIDEO TAPING DURING THE TRYOUT
- ***JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL! We will not discuss or critique your tryout at any time. Please learn what you can and take what you can from this tryout experience. Also remember that identity of Big Blue is to remain confidential!!
- Safety Rules must be obeyed at all time. Please be professional and SAFE or you will be asked to leave the tryout.
- All props must be cleared for use on the floor prior to being used on the spectrum floor for your audition. Violation may disqualify you.
There will be a MANDATORY Spirit Squad Meeting on Saturday, April. 6 th after all auditions end.