Skip to main content

Events

Saturday, March 1

9:00 am - 12:00 am    Blind Hollow Yurt Reservations

Student Activities / Campus Recreation

The Blind Hollow Yurt Reservations are open to everyone! Current full-time USU students will have first priority for reservations. The majority of weekends are full, but we still have plenty of week days available for reservation! For more information visit orp.usu.edu.

Outdoor Recreation Center, More Info


10:00 am - 2:00 pm    Family 1st Saturdays at the Museum of Anthropology

Cultural / Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology

Brazil: From beautiful beaches to the mysterious forests of the Amazon, there is much to explore in Brazil which is the largest of the South American countries. Come celebrate Carnival and also learn about the hunter gatherer groups that continue to inhabit the remote regions of the country.

Old Main, More Info


10:00 am - 11:00 am    Snowshoeing on the Swaner Preserve

Athletics / Other

During the tour, you will learn about the history of the Preserve as well as the plants, animals, and habitats that make up the Swaner Preserve. Additional highlights of the tour will include information about ongoing conservation and education efforts, as well as time to search for and identify animal tracks and other signs of animal life on the Preserve. This outing is appropriate for all ages. It will take place on the flat ground around our EcoCenter. Please come prepared with snow gear, such as boots, snowpants, hats, gloves, coat, etc. Snowshoes are available for rental if needed. The tour begins at the Swaner EcoCenter. Please call us to reserve your tour, 435-649-1767 or e-mail us swanerecocenter@usu.edu. Guided Snowshoe Tour: 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Saturdays during the winter season Members-Free Non-members-$10

Swaner EcoCenter, More Info


12:00 pm - 12:00 am    41st Annual Echoing Traditional Ways Pow Wow

Cultural / Multiple Sponsors

Grand Entry Saturday, March 1, at noon and 6 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Come enjoy Native American dancers, drum groups, authentic arts and crafts vendors and food. This is a great cultural experience for families and people of all ages.

Nelson Field House, More Info


1:00 pm - 4:00 pm    Shamrock Bake-Off

Fundraiser / Other

Kappa Delta Sorority presents the second annual Shamrock Bake-Off. This event is $3, and attendees may sample 10-15 desserts made by a variety of campus and community organizations and individuals. 80% of proceeds benefit the local Child and Family Support Center, and the remaining 20% benefit Prevent Child Abuse America.

TSC, International Lounge, More Info


1:00 pm - 3:00 pm    Rock Climbing at Swaner EcoCenter

Athletics / Other

Climb through the EcoSystem from the bedrock all the way to the uplands. Our indoor climbing wall is fun for all ages. We supply the harness and ask that you come with shoes having covered toes. Saturdays 1:00 pm-3:00 pm. The cost is $5/person and free to members. Memberships are available at the front desk or join on line under our membership tab. All climbers need to have a Climbing Waiver. Additionally, all children under the age of 18 must also have a Youth Waiver. For more information, please give us a call 435-649-1767 or e-mail us swanerecocenter@usu.edu.

Swaner EcoCenter, More Info


6:30 pm - 9:30 pm    DSA's Areito 2014 Annual Banquet

Cultural / Other

AREITO 2014!!! Let's all travel together to the Dominican Republic! Enjoy performances, win prizes, buy Dominican artifacts at the Mercadito, eat Dominican food, and come and dance in the after party!! You can buy tickets at the TSC Card Office and at the Office of Global Engagement! Part of the proceed will go to an elderly home in the Dominican Republic. **March 1st, 2014**

TSC, Evan N. Stevenson Ballroom, More Info


7:00 pm - 12:00 am    41st Annual Echoing Traditional Ways Pow Wow

Cultural / Multiple Sponsors

Grand entry 7 p.m. Everyone is welcome. Come enjoy Native American dancers, drum groups, authentic arts and crafts vendors and food. This is a great cultural experience for families and people of all ages.

Nelson Field House, More Info


7:00 pm - 11:00 pm    USU Big Band Swing Club - Fundraiser Dance

Cultural / Other

The USU Big Band Swing Club is proud to host the Swingcopation and Swing Set fundraiser dance. This dance is to help the two USU Swing Teams compete at the Intercollegiate Swing Battle in Colorado. Last year the team took second place! The dance is located at Mendon Sation - 95 N Main St, Mendon, UT 84325. All proceeds will go towards the competition and helping the teams compete. Come enjoy an evening of dancing. Lessons will be given from 7-8 p.m., followed by a social dance. Some treats will be provided.

More Info


7:00 pm - 9:00 pm    Women's Basketball vs. San Jose State

Athletics / Athletics

Women's Basketball vs. San Jose State

Dee Glen Smith Spectrum, More Info