The high school equivalency exam, a test of basic skills in Science, Social Studies, Mathematical Reasoning, and Reasoning through Language Arts. Successfully completing the GED exam gives the examinee a "Utah High School Completion Diploma," which allows students to apply for admission at university, college, trade and tech school programs, and to apply for employment where a high school diploma or its equivalent is required.
State GED website: http://www.utahged.info
National GED website: www.ged.com
- Cost: $30.00 per test. There are 4 tests to complete the GED, for a total fee of $120.00. Each test may be taken on a separate day if preferred.
- Where: USU Testing Services, University Inn 115.
- When: Mondays and some Thursdays, starting as early as 9:00 a.m. The registration site, www.ged.com will not allow candidates to make appointments which will extend beyond closing time, 5:00 p.m.
- Register: www.ged.com You will be required to set up an account with an email address and password and input your biographical information (name, birth date, address, etc.)
- Scores: Can be accessed through candidate's MYGED account online approximately 3 hours after completion of exam. The account history may be accessed through the www.ged.com website. Official credentials (score report and diploma) will be sent to the test taker within a week of completing/scoring of the final exam.
- Notes: Must be 16 or older to test. Those who are still of high school age are required to meet with an adult education counselor before registering for the exam. More information on this policy available on the GED website.
Testing Services (435) 797-1004