USU 1010 University Connections Objectives
The Connections objectives have been framed as three big questions that students should be able to answer at the end of the course. In referencing assignments, workshops, and activities back to the big questions, we focus on the "whys" and "hows" of a university education. The intention is to help students become "intentional learners" who understand how to get the most out of their education and how to address challenges that affect college students.
The Big Ideas of Connections
- Why am I here?
- What is an educated person? How does an eduated person contribute to his or her community?
- What role does general education play in educating a person?
- What role does the major play in educating a person?
- How do I best engage myself in the process of becoming an educated person?
- What does an intentional student look like?
- What competencies do I need to develop in order to succeed?
- What resources are available to help me succeed?
- How do I become a fully engaged member of the university community?
- What opportunities are there for me to have fun and to become more invested in the university community? (clubs and organizations)
- What is a learning community, and how do I go about building one?
- What are the benefits of a common literature experience?