Welcome 2015 Instructors
Instructor Task List and Timeline
First-time instructors attend three training meetings for a total of 4 hours. Returning instructors attend two training meetings for a total of 3 hours.
- First-time instructor training: (choose one)
- Thursday, April 9 from 3:00-4:00 p.m., TSC 246
- Monday, April 13 from 8:00-9:00 a.m., TSC 246
- Spring Training for new and returning instructors: (choose one)
- Wednesday, April 15 from 11:30-1:00 p.m., AGRS 135
- Thursday, April 16 from 3:00-4:30 p.m., AGRS 135
- Tuesday, April 21 from 8:00-9:30 a.m., AGRS 135
- Fall training for new and returning instructors: August 18 12:30-2:30 p.m. (lunch provided)
- Optional brown-bag discussions for new and returning instructors:
- Thursday, August 6, 12:00-1:30 p.m., Tips and suggestions for scheduling your class, Q&A with other instructors
- Monday, August 17, 12:00-1:30 p.m., Teaching the big ideas of Connections, suggestions for incorporating literature selection, Q&A with other instructors
Connections is an early-semester course taught August 26-29, with two or three additional follow up sessions in the first weeks of fall semester, and one class follow-up during the week of October 5. It has a standard curriculum across all 75 sections, and allows instructors the opportunity to add additional insights. Instructor responsibilities can be found here.
Course Objectives and Outcomes
The course objectives and outcomes are central to all activities and instruction during the course. They can be found here.