Teaching USU 1010
Connections instructors have a tremendous impact on their students' transition to college. Like all teaching positions, this job is both challenging and rewarding. The Connections office provides instructors with a set curriculum and a partially set schedule, and then allows each instructor to customize portions of the course, making each section unique.
Instructor Task List and Timeline
Faculty and staff members are welcome to apply to teach Connections. If you have questions about your teaching eligibility, please contact Lisa Hancock at email@example.com.
Connections is an early-semester course taught August 20-23, with two or three additional follow up sessions in the first weeks of fall semester, and one class follow-up during the week of October 6. It has a standard curriculum across all 65 sections, and allows instructors the opportunity to add additional insights.
Course Objectives and Outcomes
The course objectives and outcomes are central to all activities and instruction during the course. They can be found here.
Sample Schedule and Syllabus
Specific job responsibilities, as well as resources provided to instructors, can be found in the instructor application. If you have specific questions about instructor responsibilities, the time commitment, or anything else, please contact a member of the Connections Advisory Committee or contact Lisa Hancock at 435-797-1125.
Instructors are paid $1200 upon fulfilling the course responsibilities. Payment can be made through departmental fund transfer or payroll deposit.
First-time instructors attend three training meetings for a total of 4.5 hours. Returning instructors attend two training meetings for a total of 3.5 hours.
- First-time instructor training:
- April 2 from 11:30-12:30 p.m.
- April 3 from 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Spring Training for new and returning instructors: (choose one)
- April 9 from 11:30-1:00 p.m.
- April 10 from 8:30-10:00 a.m. (broadcast to regional campuses)
- April 14 from 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Fall training for new and returning instructors: August 12 12:30-2:30 p.m. (lunch provided)
- Optional brown bag discussions are held in April and August, with additional discussions scheduled as needed.