PROCEDURES FOR USU HOTEL RESERVATIONS
To sign up for the service:
- Go to: http://www.usu.edu/controller/hotelreservation.cfm,
- Click Reservations,
- Select Sign Up
- Enter in your USU email address,
- Create a password,
- Enter your first name,
- Last name,
- Department, and
- Phone number
For those of you who arrange travel for others:
- Check the box I am a travel arranger at the bottom of the Sign Up page
- Click My Utah State University Hotel Home Page
- Click Modify My Profile and begin creating your list of travelers. Remember, you will only be able to add travelers to your list after they have already signed up.
- This can be updated at a later date also
A new option available to arrange for payment of your hotel reservations is the USU Hotel Card Account, centrally held in the Controller's Office. To use the USU Hotel Card Account you will need:
- Click Reservations and Log In at http://www.usu.edu/controller/hotelreservation.cfm
- Click New Reservation
- Enter the Travel Authorization (TA) Number (TAXXXXXX),
- Index Number (AXXXXX), and
- Account Code
- In-State: 750300
- Out-of-State: 751300
- This will automatically allow you access to our new USU Hotel Card Account when you complete the transaction online.
- The charge is submitted to the USU Hotel Card Account and is paid by the University then charged to your index within 5 business days (this process is similar to Christopherson Travel for airfare).
- When choosing to use the USU Hotel Card Account, the traveler will be asked to present a personal credit card for any incidental charges upon arrival at the hotel.
- Please note that you may still use your USU Travel Card or your own personal credit card to make reservations. However, we encourage you to take advantage of the convenience of our new USU Hotel Card Account.
This service does not guarantee the lowest rate but it will consistently be a competitive rate with additional cost savings being provided through the reduced effort for booking reservations. Some hotels may offer Government rates:
- Click on the NEED HELP link at the bottom of the page to talk with a representative to inquire about government rates. When making the phone reservation with a Hotels.com representative you will need to provide either a department Travel Card or personal credit card.