The sanctions for copyright infringement vary based on the specifics of the infringement and what entity imposes the sanction.
- Depending on the circumstances the University may impose disciplinary measures, up to and including termination from employment or student disenrollment.
- Click here for more information and examples of infringements
In addition according to US Copyright Law:
- Copyright infringement can result in court-ordered damages ranging from $250 to $150,000, plus attorney's fees, for each act of infringement.
- If the infringement is considered "criminal copyright infringement," it can result in fines and jail time.
- Click here for more information and examples of infringements: