Executive Master of Accounting: EMAcc
The Executive Master of Accounting (EMAcc) at the Huntsman School of Accountancy is a pioneering effort in which both the content and delivery are tailored to aspiring financial executives in need of a graduate degree in accounting. Similar to executive MBA programs, this EMAcc program will build upon participants’ experience in the business world by providing course content tailored to this group of individuals.
Why an EMAcc from the Huntsman School?
- Learn from recognized experts at high levels of academia as well as the profession
- Engage in a cohort group format which provides opportunities for networking
- Study material that is tailored to the needs of financial executives
- Participate in three separate 1 or 2 week face-to-face sessions in Logan, UT blended with high quality online learning
- Earn 30 graduate credit hours and a master’s degree in accounting to assist you in becoming qualified for certification exams
- EMAcc - Logan, Park City
- Applicants should have obtained a bachelor’s degree (not topic specific) from an accredited university
- Applicants must have five or more years of post-graduate work experience
- Applicants must either have taken the following courses, or have work experience in the following areas sufficient to justify waiver of the course requirement:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Corporate Tax
The admission process takes place online through the Utah State University Graduate School and requires the following:
- Candidates will complete the online application required by the School of Graduate Studies.
The EMAcc program is a cohort group style program that begins in June of each year. The application deadline is May 1st of the year you desire to begin the program (e.g. May 1, 2017 deadline to begin classes in June, 2017).
For qualified students, federal unsubsidized loan assistance is offered through the University Financial Aid Office up to amounts authorized by regulation.