Marketing: BS, BA
Marketing is an extremely valuable interdisciplinary career path that contains some of the most sought after skills and positions in the world of business. Within the socio economic and political environment, the marketer plans, prices, promotes, and distributes goods and services. In short, the modern marketer seeks to understand and influence buyer and seller behavior. A marketing degree can open many doors in a wide range of industries including advertising, media, and sales activities. Typically, marketing positions are highly sought after by individuals who consider themselves creative and/or analytical.
- Students will receive a BS by completing all required courses in their major. To receive a BA, students must also gain proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- BS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
- BA - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
- Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
- International students studying at USU on the F-1 or J-1 visa must have the majority of their classes each semester be face-to-face in order to meet the physical presence requirement to maintain their visa status. Students on the F-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan or USU Eastern campuses. Students on the J-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan campus.
For online offering:
With a degree in marketing, you will be qualified for the following careers:
- Marketing Strategist
- Investment Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Financial Services
- Strategic Sales & Account Management
- Global Marketing
- Purchasing & Procurement
- PR Accountant Executive
- Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Media Planner
- Marketing Analytics
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more! Schedule an appointment today.
Professional Organizations, Honor Societies, and Clubs
USU Distributive Education Clubs of America Chapter (DECA): Collegiate DECA develops leaders and prepares them for clubs in entrepreneurship, marketing, finance, hospitality, and management.
Entrepreneurship Club: The Entrepreneurship Club teaches skill sets for entrepreneurs to be successful. The club provides access to resources, teaches how to develop and refine business ideas, and assists in helping students build and launch a sustainable, successful company.
Huntsman Marketing Association (HMA): HMA members receive training in marketing and networking, while working on resume building skills. They will also have the opportunity to meet with executives one-on-one.
Master of Business Administration Association (MBAA): MBAA focuses on providing skills to help students in communication and service. Members help each other, refine resumes, practice interviews, and develop other job-closing skills.
ProSales: The Huntsman ProSales Program is a market-driven sales program that connects the best sales students at Utah State Universitywith many business executives, managers, and recruiters throughout the nation.
Society for International Business and Economic Development (SIBED): SIBED focuses on the strategic role businesses play in the development of people and the communities where they live. This club focuses on expanding awareness of international opportunities for academic and professional development, developing knowledge and understanding of current issues in international business and development, and helping students become advocates for corporate and humanitarian social responsibility.
Sales Club: Sales Club is a unique opportunity to learn about sales and ultimately find the right career path for you. This amazing organization gives you a chance to make friends, network, and learn from sales professionals who know what sales is all about.
Career Exploration Trips: Not sure what your dream job is? No worries; our career trips will get you out in the field so you can talk with our professional partners and explore different industries.
Global Learning Experiences: Global Learning Experiences can help you develop a global mindset and prepare for business that extends beyond borders.
Huntsman Scholar Program (Honors Program): An honors program built for students seeking academic rigor, enhanced critical thinking, and a professionally mentored approach to their Huntsman experience.
Small Enterprise Education and Development (SEED): This is as real as it gets! SEED is an international consulting internship where students teach basic business and finance principles to local entrepreneurs in the Philippines and Peru.
Labs, Centers, Research
With the second oldest undergraduate research program in the nation, USU offers students a wide range of opportunities to gain hands-on research experience. USU’s Honors Program prepares students for excellent graduate programs by helping them build relationships with professors, participate in research projects, take smaller, more intensive classes, and develop leadership skills.