Geographic Information Science (GIS) Certificate: Cert
Students who complete the program will receive a graduate-level certificate in Geographic Information Science. Their USU transcript will list the courses and grades received to complete the program. The certificate is complementary to a wide variety of graduate programs, and is available as a standalone certificate. However, credits obtained from the certificate may be applied toward a graduate degree.
- Cert - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Ignacio, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Milford, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Price (USU Eastern), Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Thanksgiving Point, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
For online offering, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
With a GIS certificate, students may pursue the following careers:
- GIS Systems Analyst
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Geospatial Analyst/Programmer
- Operations GIS Analyst
- Geospatial Technician
For admission to the program please follow the instructions below:
Applicants go to applynow.usu.edu. Choose the Graduate Application and then choose the GIS Certificate.
Applicant must provide an official transcript showing they've been awarded a bachelor's degree or higher. Please send official transcripts to the following address: 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan UT 84322-0900. Official electronic transcripts may be sent to email@example.com from the institution. (If you've attended USU, we will obtain your transcripts.)
Use PROMO code GIS2018 to waive $30 of the application fee.
Application fee will be $25.00
To receive the Certificate, a participant must complete the following set of requirements:
Apply and be accepted into the GIS Certificate Program
Register for and successfully complete four graduate-level courses
Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA for program courses (grades below C will not be accepted)
Abide by the Code of Policies and Procedures for Students at Utah State University.
Office: NR 120
Phone: (435) 797-3375
- Environment and Society Department
- Watershed Sciences Department
- Wildland Resources Department
- S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources