Geographic Information Science (GIS) Certificate: Cert
Utah State University’s online Geographic Information Science (GIS) certificate is designed for graduate students or professionals wanting skills and experience applying industry standard GIS and remote sensing tools to natural resource issues.
- Cert - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Ignacio, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Milford, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Price (USU Eastern), Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Thanksgiving Point, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
For online offering, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
With a GIS certificate, students may pursue the following careers:
- GIS Systems Analyst
- Remote Sensing Specialist
- Geospatial Analyst/Programmer
- Operations GIS Analyst
- Geospatial Technician
For admission to the GIS Certificate, participants first apply as a non-degree seeking student and receive their USU student ID#. Applicants then submit the GIS Certificate Program application, as well as provide a transcript documenting the completion of a bachelor's degree. Students pursuing the GIS Certificate are not required to be enrolled in a graduate degree program. However, credits obtained from the certificate may be applied toward a graduate degree.
Office: NR 120
Phone: (435) 797-3375
- Environment and Society Department
- Watershed Sciences Department
- Wildland Resources Department
- S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources