Engineering Education Certificate: Cert
Utah State University is home to one of the premier engineering education programs in the country. It is our mission to advance the knowledge, understanding, dissemination, and implementation of evidence-based pedagogical practices into and outside the engineering classroom.
The CEED program is the first 100% online certification program for engineers in teaching and training roles who are seeking to improve their learning outcomes in educational settings. Developed by leading practitioners and researchers in engineering education, this program is designed for current or future engineering professors, instructors at universities and community colleges, and engineering trainers in industry.
- Cert - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding (USU Eastern), Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Ignacio, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Price (USU Eastern), Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Thanksgiving Point, Tooele, Tremonton, Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
For online offering, please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
Regional Campuses and Online Learning:
This graduate certificate in engineering education is offered 100% online and is available worldwide.
A certificate in engineering education can enhance any engineering career, particularly those that involve teaching or industry training. This can include faculty, lecturers, trainers, and individuals in management.
Candidates for this program must possess a bachelor's degree or higher in an engineering discipline.
- Go to applynow.usu.edu and create an account, or sign into your existing account.
- Start a new Graduate Application and choose Engineering Education Certificate under the Planned Course of Study section.
- Pay the application fee. *Use PROMO code EDUC2018 to waive $30 of the application fee*
- Provide transcripts verifying an awarded degree (bachelor's degree or higher) in an engineering discipline.
Kurt Becker, PhD, Texas A&M University
Area: Adult learning cognition, engineering education professional development, technical training
Office: ENGR 214
Phone: (435) 797-2076
Ning Fang, PhD, Huazhong University of Science and Technology
Area: Dynamics, manufacturing engineering, engineering education reform, developing innovative and effective pedagogy and course curriculum
Office: ENGR 224
Phone: (435) 797-2948
Oenardi Lawanto, PhD, University of Illinois
Area: Engineering education, cognition, learning, instruction, e-learning
Office: ENGR 219
Phone: (435) 797-8699
Idalis Villanueva, PhD, University of Colorado Boulder
Office: ENGR 225
Phone: (435) 797-0773
Wade Goodridge, PhD, Utah State University
Office: ENGR 218
Phone: (435) 797-9051
Angela Minichiello, PhD, Utah State University
Office: ENGR 217
Phone: (435) 797-6370
Melissa Scheaffer, M.Ed, Utah State University
Office: ENGR 405D
Phone: (435) 797-9876
Shelly Halling, MS, Utah State University
Office: ENGR 405E
Phone: (435) 797-7334