Management Information Systems: BS, BA
Management Information Systems students enjoy the highest placement rates and starting salaries of any business major because of the unique focus on data analytics and cutting-edge information systems technologies. Students will obtain knowledge in business intelligence, analytics, database, security, programming, and other areas found at the intersection of business and technology. Students learn valuable skills such as SQL, Python with a data analytics focus, data visualization using Tableau, and many more. MIS graduates are successful due to extensive hands-on classroom experiences that utilize problem-solving approaches. Think MIS!
- Students receive a BS by completing all required courses in the major. To receive a BA, students must also gain proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- BS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Junction, Kanab, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
- BA - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Junction, Kanab, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
With a degree in management information systems, you will be qualified for the following careers:
- Technical Consultant
- Communications Network Designer
- Business Systems Project Manager
- Network & Internet Manager
- Data Network Security Admin
- Network Admin
- IT Support Manager
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer
- Project Manager
- Systems Technician
- Business Systems Analyst
- Forensic Computer Analyst
- Assistant Analyst
- Database Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Electric Commerce Worker
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more! Schedule an appointment today.
Professional Organizations, Honor Societies, and Clubs
Association Information Systems (AIS): USU AIS is an official student chapter of the Association for Information Systems, the premier professional association of individuals and organizations who lead the research, teaching, practice and study of information systems worldwide.
Business Intelligence Group: The Business Intelligence Group has distinguished itself as a dynamic, student-lead, extra-curricular research organization. Participants gain a wealth of real-world experience and applications to data science theories learned in class.
Career Exploration Trips: Not sure what your dream job is? No worries; our career trips will get you out in the field so you can talk with our professional partners and explore different industries.
Global Learning Experiences: Global Learning Experiences can help you develop a global mindset and prepare for business that extends beyond borders.
Huntsman Scholar Program (Honors Program): An honors program built for students seeking academic rigor, enhanced critical thinking, and a professionally mentored approach to their Huntsman experience.
Small Enterprise Education and Development (SEED): This is as real as it gets! SEED is an international consulting internship where students teach basic business and finance principles to local entrepreneurs in the Philippines and Peru.
Labs, Centers, Research
With the second oldest undergraduate research program in the nation, USU offers students a wide range of opportunities to gain hands-on research experience. USU’s Honors Program prepares students for excellent graduate programs by helping them build relationships with professors, participate in research projects, take smaller, more intensive classes, and develop leadership skills.