Management: BA, BS
The Management major enables students to acquire a foundation of key concepts and skills that are applicable to organizations in both the private and public sectors, coupled with the technical skills needed to support particular career paths. Through the hands-on teaching provided at the Huntsman School of Business, you will gain strong analytical, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Students will receive a BS by completing all required courses in their major. To receive a BA, students must also gain proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
- Human Resource Management: This emphasis develops students who understand human behavior in organizations and how people assets can be leveraged to create value for the individual and the organization.
- Operations Management: This emphasis prepares students with interests in process improvement and how to manage supply chains
- Hotel Management: The Hotel Management emphasis prepares students for careers in an industry which accounts for more than $200 billion of the U.S. economy.
- Wealth Management: The Wealth Management emphasis prepares students for careers in financial and retirement planning.
- BA - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Junction, Kanab, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
- BS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Junction, Kanab, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
With a degree in management, students can pursue the following careers:
- Account Executive
- Benefits Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Compensation Manager
- Customer Service Manager
- Financial Planner
- Guest Relations Manager
- Human Resource Analyst
- Operations Analyst
- Materials Manager
- Purchasing Manager
- Quality Analyst
- Supply Chain Analyst
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more! Schedule an appointment today.
Professional Organizations, Honor Societies, and Clubs
Healthcare Administration Club (HAC): The Healthcare Administration Club provides students with meaningful experiences which will allow them to excel in the healthcare industry. HAC students are able to hear from key note speakers, visit healthcare facilities and prepare for quality masters programs. HAC students are the future of healthcare.
Shingo Institute Student Chapter: The Huntsman Shingo Institute Student Chapter provides students with experience and skills needed to get career placement before or upon graduation.
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM): The Utah State University (USU) chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) helps students explore the HR profession and navigate their way to a successful career through networking, professional development, internship advice, and graduate school preparation.
USU Pre-Law Society: The Utah State University Pre-Law Society promotes an increased awareness in law by hosting conferences, lectures, and panels throughout the year. Students with an interest in law school can be prepared on how to apply for schools and succeed in their field.
Women in Business Association (WIBA): As a new organization on theUtah State University Campus, Women in Business Association represent women making a difference in business. This club is focused toward making essential networking contacts, recruiting and mentoring future women in business, and learning vital skills forthe business world.
Career Exploration Trips: Not sure what your dream job is? No worries; our career trips will get you out in the field so you can talk with our professional partners and explore different industries.
Global Learning Experiences: Global Learning Experiences can help you develop a global mindset and prepare for business that extends beyond borders.
Huntsman Scholar Program (Honors Program): An honors program built for students seeking academic rigor, enhanced critical thinking, and a professionally mentored approach to their Huntsman experience.
Small Enterprise Education and Development (SEED): This is as real as it gets! SEED is an international consulting internship where students teach basic business and finance principles to local entrepreneurs in the Philippines and Peru.
Labs, Centers, Research
With the second oldest undergraduate research program in the nation, USU offers students a wide range of opportunities to gain hands-on research experience. USU’s Honors Program prepares students for excellent graduate programs by helping them build relationships with professors, participate in research projects, take smaller, more intensive classes, and develop leadership skills.