Human Experience Design and Interaction: BS
We are surrounded by design. Whether it is an app, a car dashboard, a physical product or instructions, users should be able to interact with these items in a way that makes sense. Human Experience Design and Interaction (HEDI) is a new Bachelor of Science degree that emphasizes human-centered design thinking principles. The first of its kind in Utah, a bachelor’s degree in Human Experience Design and Interaction combines design thinking principles with topics of how people learn, technology tools, project management, and data analysis.
Students enhance core requirements by selecting two emphasis areas. Emphasis areas are designed to prepare students for employment and include the following:
- Game studies: Focuses on game-based learning, including eSports, gaming technology and culture as well as educational game design and development.
- Marketing: Provides understanding of marketing fundamentals, research, design, strategy and analysis.
- New venture management: Concentrates on step-by-step new venture development which includes: creating management plans, promotion and branding, financial resources, and optimization.
- Multimedia: Designed for students to produce multimedia computer-based training and instructional materials for fields such as business and industry, government, and education.
- Culturally responsive design: Examines cultural variables of diverse populations for design and learning
- Product development: Explores design principles, aesthetics and digital technologies in the development of products from prototype to production.
- Technical communication: Integrates theories, methods and skills of creating a variety of communication forms from written demonstrations to graphic representations of instruction.
- BS - Logan , Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cedar City, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Heber City, Junction, Kanab, Kaysville, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Orem, Panguitch, Park City, Randolph, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Salt Lake, St George, Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover , Online
- Please review our state authorizations to see if this program is offered in your state.
- International students studying at USU on the F-1 or J-1 visa must have the majority of their classes each semester be face-to-face in order to meet the physical presence requirement to maintain their visa status. Students on the F-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan or USU Eastern campuses. Students on the J-1 visa must enroll in classes at the Logan campus.
For online offering:
With a bachelor’s degree in Human Experience Design and Interaction, students may go on to receive graduate degrees or be qualified for careers in the following areas:
- Graphic design
- Multi-media design and development
- Data analytics
- Training and development
- Project management
- Program/product manager
- Technical writing
- Content development
- Game design
- Human-centered design
A GPA requirement of 2.0 and completion of 60 credits. Other criteria considered includes prior work experience, aptitude for technology, and experience with multimedia.
Office: Lilly 148
Phone: (435) 797-9271