Diesel and Heavy Equipment Mechanics: AAS
Diesel equipment technicians repair and maintain diesel engine powered equipment. The diesel equipment technology program at USU Eastern has been designed to prepare a student for a career in either "on highway" or "off road" industry by offering theory and hands-on instruction related to the common sub-systems used in both equipment areas.
By taking a broad spectrum of classes, a student is able to get a feel for the diesel industry. A student will also be able to focus on a particular emphasis, while the experience in various study areas provides for diversified employment opportunities upon completion. Live work is incorporated into all courses as it becomes available and as it fits into the curriculum.
- AAS - USU Eastern Blanding, USU Eastern Price
With a degree in Automotive Technology, you would be qualified for employment as an Automotive Technician. Employers may include:
- Diesel Engine Mechanic
- Engine Machinist
- On Highway Tractor/Trailer Technician
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Fluid Power Technician
- Automatic Transmission Technician
- Drive Train Technician
- Alignment, Suspension and Steering Technician
- Electrical Systems Technician
- Sales or Service Representative