General Studies: BS, BA
Department: General Studies Program
College: College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences; Jon M. Huntsman School of Business; Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services; College of Engineering; College of Humanities and Social Sciences; College of Science; S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources; Caine College of the Arts
The General Studies degree provides students the opportunity to pursue a personalized course of study. This major allows students to explore and integrate academic offerings from across multiple departments, programs, and colleges. A General Studies degree is in the tradition of a liberal arts degree that educates a student broadly. This degree is not to be confused with USU’s Interdisciplinary Studies degree—also a degree that offers a personalized course of study, but one that has specific structural requirements of two thematically organized sets of coursework.
The BA degree is available through the following colleges: Caine College of the Arts, Agriculture, Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Education, and Business.
The BS degree is available through the following colleges: Caine College of the Arts, Agriculture, Humanities and Social Sciences, Natural Resources, Science, Education, and Engineering.
The AS and AA are available through University Advising.
- BS - Logan
- BA - Logan
Career Services provides counseling and information on hundreds of job and internship opportunities and even helps students apply and interview.
- General Studies (College of Agriculture and Applied Sciences) - BA, BS
- General Studies (Caine College of the Arts) - BA, BS
- General Studies (Policy and Administration) (Jon M. Hunstman School of Business) - BA, BS
- General Studies (EEJ College of Education and HS) - BA, BS
- General Studies (Technology) (College of Engineering) - BA, BS
- General Studies (College of Humanities and Social Sciences) - BA, BS
- General Studies (S.J. and Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources) - BA, BS
- General Studies (College of Science) - BA, BS
Labs, Centers, Research
With the second oldest undergraduate research program in the nation, USU offers students a wide range of opportunities to gain hands-on research experience. USU’s Honors Program prepares students for excellent graduate programs by helping them build relationships with professors, participate in research projects, take smaller, more intensive classes, and develop leadership skills.