Join us for a nature walk on the Preserve! You will learn…
Convocation, Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 9:30 a.m. Dee…
The Swaner EcoCenter indoor, wetland-themed climbing wall…
Help USU triumph over BYU, UVU, Weber, Westminster, and…
Sept. 1, 2015 – May 7, 2016 Highlighting works from…
Central Energy Plant (CEP)
The Central Energy Plant has two crews, the first which maintains our utility infrastructure that includes:
- Steam distribution piping
- Chilled water distribution piping
- Utilitiy Tunnels
- Electrical Substations
- Electrical distribution system
- Hydro Generator at First Dam
The second crew maintains and operates the central energy plant 24 hours a day 365 days a year.
The plant includes the following:
- Three Babcock and Wilcox boilers that were installed in 2002 with a capacity of producing a total of 220,000 lbs/hr of steam to heat the campus.
- Three York chillers with the capacity to produce a total of 4500 tons of cooling.
- One Solar gas turbine generator unit with a heat recovery with capacity to produce 4.5 Megawatts of electrical power and up to 50,000 lbs/hr of steam from the heat recovery unit. This unit can be use for base load cogeneration or peak power production.