Ever Wanted to Join a Fraternity? Rush Week can allow you…
Black Mountain College: Shaping Craft + Design. This…
The exhibition blends science, history, and art to…
Facilities Planning Design & Construction
Facilities Planning, Design & Construction Director
The Facilities Planning Department carries the responsibility for all planning for Utah State University. This includes the coordination of the internal campus infrastructure, development of the campus master plan, and the implementation and maintenance of character and aesthetics of the internal campus. The Planning Department also has the charge of maintaining healthy positive relationships between Utah State Univerisity and the local community, as well as the state of Utah.
The Design and Construction Office of the USU Facilities Department is responsible for:
- Coordinating actual project design and construction, including Capital Development Projects (which exceed $1,500,000) and Capital Improvement Projects (which cost less than $1,500,000)
- Working closely with the Division of Facilities Construction Management (DFCM), the State agency that is responsible for all state-funded facilities
- Providing necessary inspections and coordinating contractor meetings for all campus construction projects
- Working closely with and facilitating the project design with architects and engineering (A&E) firms and campus customers
- Supporting Facilities Planning in completing design requests for campus customers requesting remodeling through Facilities Modification Request forms
- Providing overall technical support for the campus utility systems.
The Planning Department is closely allied with the Facilities Design and Construction Department, and provides input in the form of design and construction coordination in the following areas:
- Site development
- Building remodeling
- Roads and walkways
- Sculpture location
- Review of site drawings and specifications for new buildings
- Proposals to state funding agencies
- Space inventory and allocation coordination
Golden Toaster Demo:
Demolition of Golden Toaster Video by Joe Beck, from USU's Planning, Design, & Construction.