Family, Consumer, and Human Development
During USU Natural Resources Week, the Quinney College of…
For 2015, USU's premier annual water research conference…
During Natural Resources Week, all Aggies are invited to…
During Natural Resources Week, the Quinney College of…
Who we are
The department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development (FCHD) is a diverse collection of scholars with content expertise in each of the areas noted in the name. The Family faculty focus on family interactions in a variety of contexts including Marriage and Family Therapy. Consumer Science faculty have expertise in housing and family financial counseling. Our Human Development faculty study humans across the entire lifespan. This interdisciplinary approach to the study of human interactions provides excellent training at both the undergraduate and graduate levels of education.
Advantages of Completing Your Degree with Us
- Custom design your education to meet your career goals and interests.
- High quality low-cost education anchored by great funding and financial aid possibilities including rewarding teaching and research assistantships.
- Our reputation as a part of the nationally ranked College of Education and Human Services (24th in the nation and 4th in the nation in extramural funding) with award winning instructors.
- Successful and rewarding careers after graduation with a strong network of alumni across the country.
- Beautiful location with plenty of year-round outdoor activities and a rich cultural climate.
- Excellent career opportunities including: Federal and State Agencies, Head Start programs, Social Science Firms and Family and Youth Services.