Family, Consumer, and Human Development
Caine College of the Arts and the Leverhulme Trust…
Meet behind the Courthouse in Loa, Ut. We will be…
New Student Orientation for new incoming students and…
Susan Robinson, masters student of Jon Takemoto, will…
Meet at the Extension Office in the basement of the…
How Do I Apply?
Applications for admission are processed online by the School of Graduate Studies http://www.usu.edu/graduateschool/apply
Material Needed to Complete the Application
See Graduate Student Handbook (pp.11-16).
- Contact information (e-mail addresses) for three people who can write about your academic and professional abilities.
- Official transcripts and Standardized Test Scores should be sent to:
- Your application letter
School of Graduate Studies
Utah State University
0900 Old Main Hill
Logan UT 84322-0900
In order to be admitted to a graduate degree program at Utah State University, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 for last 90 quarter credit hours or 60 semester credit hours
- For Ph.D. degree applicants GRE verbal and quantitative scores at or above 40th percentile
- For Master’s degree applicants MAT scores at or above the 40th percentile (or comparable GRE scores).
- Students for whom English is a second language must demonstrate English proficiency on the TOEFL.
- In addition to these minimum standards, the applicant's undergraduate education should have included the equivalent of at least a minor in family relations, child studies, or human development. See Graduate Handbook for more details.
- It is recommended that applicants address the following issues in their letter of interest: (a) Experience and fit with desired training; (b) Educational and occupational goals; and (c) Short- and/or long-term professional goals following graduation.
|January 10||Applicants to the MFT/MMFT specialization must submit a complete application (including application letter, transcripts, GRE or MAT scores, and contact information for references) to the School of Graduate Studies and supplementary materials to the Marriage and Family Therapy program director (see Graduate Student Handbook, p. 12).|
|January 15||Applicants to the M.S., MFHD, and Ph.D. degree programs must submit a complete application (including application letter, transcripts, GRE or MAT scores, and contact information for references) to the School of Graduate Studies|
|March 15||Department informs students regarding admission and financial aid decisions.|
|April 15||Student applicants must notify the Department regarding their decision to enroll (as per the Council of Graduate Schools resolution).|