Welcome to USU's Federal Financial Aid Website.
About USU Financial Aid
- Step-by-step guide to apply for financial aid.
- A guide to the types of federal financial aid available at USU.
- Some required PDF forms can now be Uploaded to our office.
- Here's a hand-out for setting up a new FSA ID that replaces the PIN.
Frequently Asked Questions about FSAID.
Checking On Your Financial Aid Application
- We send out financial aid offers or other instructions to fully admitted students by email generally one week after submitting the FAFSA
- More information about your status can be reviewed on MyUSU - after you login, click on the Banner button, click on the "Financial Aid (FAFSA) Menu" and click on the "To-Do List."
- Financial aid is accepted through the MyUSU website. Students should first review the Terms and Conditions of financial aid to know their responsibilities when accepting financial aid.
Please keep your preferred email address up to date on MyUSU
Financial Aid Comes with Strings Attached
Federal Pell Grant - For a Limited Time Only
Subsidized Direct Loans have new rules
Why Form 1098-T is Important to You?
Financial Aid and Academic Participation
Your Right to Privacy
To protect your right to privacy, we use your SecurityPhrase to verify your identity when you call us. Please take a moment to create your SecurityPhrase. Because email isn't secure, we can only answer general questions by email.
The Financial Aid Office can help make a degree financially possible for every qualified USU student. However, federal financial aid is just one part of a payment strategy that should include money saved by the family and student for attending school as well as scholarships and waivers. Grants, student loans, parent loans, and work-study funds are offered to students who qualify to help increase access to higher education. All the information you need for applying for federal aid can be found here.