The Financial Aid Office can help make a degree financially possible for every qualified USU student. However, federal financial aid is just one part of a payment strategy that should include money saved by the family and student for attending school as well as scholarships and waivers. Grants, student loans, parent loans, and work-study funds are offered to students who qualify to help increase access to higher education. All the information you need for applying for federal aid can be found here.
About USU Financial Aid
- Step-by-step guide to apply for financial aid.
- A guide to the types of federal financial aid available at USU.
2018-19 FAFSA - Full Walkthrough - video tutorial
2017-18 FAFSA - Full Walkthrough - video tutorial
How to Accept Your Financial Aid Award - video tutorial
How to Create Your FSA ID - video tutorial
Checking On Your Financial Aid Application
- We send out financial aid offers or other instructions to fully admitted students by email generally one week after FAFSA submission.
- More information about your status can be reviewed on MyUSU - after you log in, click on the Banner button, click on the "Financial Aid (FAFSA) Menu" and click on the "To-Do List."
- Financial aid is accepted through the MyUSU website. Students should first review the Terms and Conditions of financial aid to know their responsibilities when accepting financial aid.
Your Right to Privacy
To protect your right to privacy, we use your SecurityPhrase to verify your identity when you call us. Please take a moment to create your SecurityPhrase. Because email isn't secure, we can only answer general questions by email.
Financial Aid News
- Summer 2018 aid applications now available.
- Summer Pell is currently being awarded to eligible students.
- 2018-19 FAFSA available now.
Summer 2018 Deadlines
- Wed, June 8: Last day to submit academic progress appeal for summer 2018 federal aid - New Deadline
- Sat, June 30: Last day to have your 2017-18 FAFSA submitted (midnight Central Daylight time)
- Tues, July 2: Last day that grants will adjust based on enrollment
- Tues, July 2: Adjustments made to cost of attendance based on enrollment level at the end of this day
Spring 2018 Deadlines
- Wed, May 2: Last day to submit your 2017-18 FAFSA if you are only attending spring semester and are eligible for a Federal Pell grant. If you are selected for verification, all verification tasks must be submitted by Aug 15, 2018.
Fall 2018 Deadlines
- Wed, Aug 15: Tuition and Fee payment deadline
Any difference between accepted financial aid and fall charges must be paid by this date to avoid losing your courses
- Tues, Sep 4: USU Eastern Tuition and Fee payment deadline
Any difference between accepted financial aid and fall charges must be paid by this date to avoid losing your courses (New)
- August 27- Sep 17: Grants will increase or decrease based on enrollment
- Wed, Sep 12: Last day to submit an academic progress appeal for fall 2018 federal aid
- Mon, Sep 17: Last day to register for courses in fall term and still receive grants, if otherwise eligible
Any courses registered after this date do not qualify for an increase in grants
- Mon, Sep 17: Adjustments made to cost of attendance based on enrollment level at the end of this day
Keep your email address up to date on MyUSU
Financial Aid Comes with Strings Attached
Federal Pell Grant - For a Limited Time Only
Direct Subsidized Loans Also Have Limits
Why Form 1098-T Is Important to You
Student Loan Servicing
Financial Aid & Academic Participation
Federal Perkins Loan Servicing
USU's Federal Perkins Loans are now being serviced by UNISA instead of ACS:
Phone: (800) 875-8910