The Financial Aid Office can help make a degree financially possible for every qualified USU student. However, federal financial aid is just one part of a payment strategy that should include money saved by the family and student for attending school as well as scholarships and waivers. Grants, student loans, parent loans, and work-study funds are offered to students who qualify to help increase access to higher education. All the information you need for applying for federal aid can be found here.
About USU Financial Aid
- Step-by-step guide to apply for financial aid.
- A guide to the types of federal financial aid available at USU.
2018-19 FAFSA - Full Walkthrough - video tutorial
2017-18 FAFSA - Full Walkthrough - video tutorial
How to Accept Your Financial Aid Award - video tutorial
How to Create Your FSA ID - video tutorial
Checking On Your Financial Aid Application
- We send out 2017-18 financial aid offers or other instructions to fully admitted students by email generally one week after submitting the FAFSA.
- More information about your status can be reviewed on MyUSU - after you login, click on the Banner button, click on the "Financial Aid (FAFSA) Menu" and click on the "To-Do List."
- Financial aid is accepted through the MyUSU website. Students should first review the Terms and Conditions of financial aid to know their responsibilities when accepting financial aid.
Your Right to Privacy
To protect your right to privacy, we use your SecurityPhrase to verify your identity when you call us. Please take a moment to create your SecurityPhrase. Because email isn't secure, we can only answer general questions by email.
Financial Aid News
- Summer 2018 aid applications now available.
- Summer Pell is currently being awarded to eligible students.
- 2018-19 Award offers will be emailed this coming spring.
- 10/1/2017 - 2018-19 FAFSA available
Spring 2018 Deadlines
- Wed, Dec 13: Tuition and Fee payment deadline
Any difference between accepted financial aid and spring charges must be paid by this date to avoid losing your courses
- Mon, Jan 8: USU Eastern Tuition and Fee payment deadline
Any difference between accepted financial aid and spring charges must be paid by this date to avoid late fee.
- Jan 8 - Jan 29: Grants will increase or decrease based on enrollment
- Wed, Jan 24: Last day to submit an academic progress appeal for spring 2018 federal aid
- Mon, Jan 29: Last day to register for courses in fall term and still receive grants, if otherwise eligible
Any courses registered after this date do not qualify for an increase in grants
- Mon, Jan 29: Adjustments made to cost of attendance based on enrollment level at the end of this day
Fall 2017 Deadlines
- Fri, Dec 8: Last day for a professional judgment appeal to be received in the financial aid office
- Fri, Dec 8: Last day to process a Parent PLUS loan (You must have been awarded before this date!)
- Fri, Dec 8: Last day to accept Direct loans for students only attending fall semester (You must have been awarded before this date!)
- Fri, Dec 15: Last day to submit your 2017-18 FAFSA if you are only attending fall semester and are eligible for a Federal Pell grant. If you are selected for verification, all verification tasks must be submitted by April 1, 2018.
Keep your email address up to date on MyUSU
Financial Aid Comes with Strings Attached
Federal Pell Grant - For a Limited Time Only
Subsidized Direct Loans have new rules
Why Form 1098-T is Important to You?
Student Loan Servicing
Financial Aid and Academic Participation
Federal Perkins Loan Servicing
USU's Federal Perkins Loans are now being serviced by UNISA instead of ACS:
Phone: (800) 875-8910