Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How can we narrow the search further?
Rate This FAQ
The minimum and preferred qualifications should be evaluated in a quantitative way to the greatest extent possible. When additional information is needed from the candidate, it may be gathered in a number of ways: a phone call, email, or even discussions at national meetings. This communication is not deemed an interview (for our purposes, an "interview" is a more formal communication conducted on-campus). It is advisable to have at least two committee members who phone the candidate for this information.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Who can be a member of a Hiring Committee?ficacyñY
- How can you tell if a candidate can get work authorization?
- Will an H visa suffice for a tenure-track position?
- What is the cost to get an H visa?s
- Can a hiring committee interview without the entire committee?d
- How should unsolicited reference information (either phone call or personal conversation) be handled?
- How can networking be utilized in soliciting applications?h
- Can the committee ask different questions of the interviewees?h
In This Section
- Banner Self-Serve
- New Employees Benefits
- Employee Exit/Transfer Process
- Employee Relations
- HR Banner
- Staff Directory
- Training and Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Contact Us
- Tuition Reduction