Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Who can be a member of a Hiring Committee?ficacyñY
Rate This FAQ
The administrator needs to consider the efficacy of each prospective member’s contribution to the committee. A potential committee member should be selected for the candid and thoughtful perspective he/she can bring. Students, non-USU employees, the exiting employee, etc. can certainly be included if those individuals are capable of ascertaining minimum and preferred qualifications. Each committee member’s vote will have equal value. Diversity in gender and ethnicity among the committee members is preferred.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the difference between a “Search” committee and a “Selection” committee?ZX
- How many members constitute a hiring committee?
- Can a hiring committee interview without the entire committee?d
- Can other individuals see the applications?
- How can networking be utilized in soliciting applications?h
- How can we narrow the search further?
- What questions can you ask a “foreign national” candidate?h
- How can you tell if a candidate can get work authorization?
In This Section
- Banner Self-Serve
- New Employees Benefits
- Employee Exit/Transfer Process
- Employee Relations
- HR Banner
- Staff Directory
- Training and Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Contact Us
- Tuition Reduction