Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How can networking be utilized in soliciting applications?h
Rate This FAQ
Collegial networking is a proven method of increasing the applicant pool. However, caution must be used in informing a prospective candidate about a job opening. Please do not use phrases which might lead an applicant to believe he/she has an advantage over other applicants. Phrases like the following would be appropriate: "A position is available at Utah State University in your area of expertise for which you may want to become an applicant. I would be happy to provide you with the job description or website information."
Also, this is a great opportunity to "sell" Utah State University as a great employer.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the difference between a “Search” committee and a “Selection” committee?ZX
- Can a hiring committee interview without the entire committee?d
- How should unsolicited reference information (either phone call or personal conversation) be handled?
- What is the cost to get an H visa?s
- Will an H visa suffice for a tenure-track position?
- Can other individuals see the applications?
- Can the committee ask different questions of the interviewees?h
- How can you tell if a candidate can get work authorization?
In This Section
- Banner Self-Serve
- New Employees Benefits
- Employee Exit/Transfer Process
- Employee Relations
- HR Banner
- Staff Directory
- Training and Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Contact Us
- Tuition Reduction