Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Will an H visa suffice for a tenure-track position?
Rate This FAQ
An H visa is only a bridge for a tenure-track position. A foreign national must apply for "permanent resident" status within the initial 18 months of employment. USU currently is not prepared to handle "permanent resident – green card" petitions. There are immigration attorneys who can assist in that process. Currently, this process takes about 2.5 – 3 years, and costs about $5000.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can a hiring committee interview without the entire committee?d
- What is the difference between a “Search” committee and a “Selection” committee?ZX
- What is the cost to get an H visa?s
- Can the committee ask different questions of the interviewees?h
- How can you tell if a candidate can get work authorization?
- How can networking be utilized in soliciting applications?h
- How many members constitute a hiring committee?
- Who can be a member of a Hiring Committee?ficacyñY
In This Section
- Banner Self-Serve
- Employee Exit Process
- Employee Relations
- HR Banner
- Staff Directory
- Training & Professional Development
- Wellness Program
- Contact Us
- New Hires - Non-Exempt
- New Hires - Faculty/Exempt
- Tuition Reduction