An Honor Band Experience for the Tri-State’s finest wind and percussion players and their directors
Why Attend the USU Band Symposium?
FORMAT OF THE SYMPOSIUM:
for students. . .
• Rehearsals and sectionals with the finest wind and percussion clinicians in the Mountainwest
• Performance of the finest literature for winds and percussion under world-class conductors
for directors. . .
• In-service credit for professional development
• Band director clinics including such topics as literature selection, rehearsal techniques, and gestures of conducting
HOUSING FOR THE SYMPOSIUM:
• To allow freedom of choice, overnight housing is arranged by individuals (see below). Utah State University is not responsible for students when not in attendance at a Symposium event.
Thomas P. Rohrer, Director of Bands
(435) 797-3083 (office)
(435) 797-1862 (FAX)
Alta Manor Suites
45 E 500 N Logan
169 E Center Logan
Reservations: 1-800-574-7605 (toll free)
Best Western Baugh Motel
153 S Main Logan
Best Western-Weston Inn
250 N Main Logan
Reservations: 1-800-532-5055 (toll free)
447 N Main Logan
853 S Main Logan
Days Inn Logan
364 S Main Logan
1655 N Main St Logan
Old Trapper Inn
43 E 100 S Logan
Providence Inn-Old Rock Church
10 S Main Providence
2002 S US 89/91 Logan
Sherwood Hills Resort
Hwy 89-91 Wellsville Canyon Wellsville
Super 8 Motel
865 S Hwy 89-91 Logan
Utah State University Logan
How can my students and/or I attend?
Complete the Student Nomination Form, including brief evaluations of the students you name.
Enclose check ($20) for each student payable as follows:
UTAH STATE UNIVERSITY
Complete the Director Registration Form. Deadline for nominations/registration is October 15.
Directors will be notified of students accepted by November 1. Checks will be returned for students not accepted, and accepted students (or replacements chosen by director) will be expected at the event; checks are not refundable once a student is accepted.
* The Symposium will accept as many students as possible, with principal consideration to a balanced instrumentation to ensure the finest experience for students in attendance.