Surface Science Publications
(1) T. C. Shen, C. Wang, J. W. Lyding and J. R. Tucker, "A STM study of surface reconstructions on Si(111):B", Phys. Rev. B 50, 7453 (1994).
(2) T.-C. Shen, C. Wang, G. C. Abeln, J. R. Tucker, J. W. Lyding, Ph. Avouris, R. E. Walkup, "Atomic scale desorption through electronic and vibrational excitation mechanisms", Science 268, 1590 (1995).
(3) Ph. Avouris, R. E. Walkup, A. R. Rossi, H. C. Akpati, P. Nordlander, T. C. Shen, G. C. Abeln and J. W. Lyding, "Breaking individual chemical bonds via STM-induced excitations", Surf. Sci. 363, 368 (1996).
(4) Ph. Avouris, R. E. Walkup, A. R. Rossi, T.-C. Shen, G. C. Abeln, J. R. Tucker, and J. W. Lyding, "STM-induced H atom desorption from Si(100): isotope effects and site selectivity", Chem. Phys. Lett. 257, 148 (1996).
(5) T.-C. Shen and Ph.Avouris, " Electron stimulated desorption by scanning tunneling microscope", Surf. Sci. 390, 35 (1997).
(6) T.-C. Shen, X. Yao, and W. G. Klemperer, "Surface morphology and nanolithography on NH4F etched Si(111) surfaces"(submitted to Appl. Surf. Sci.)
(7) T.-C. Shen, J.A. Steckel, and K.D. Jordan,"Electron-stimulated bond rearrangements on the H/Si(100)-3x1 surface" Surf. Sci. 446, 211 (2000)
(8) J. C. Kim, J.-Y. Ji, J. S. Kline, J. R. Tucker, and T.-C. Shen, "The role of antiphase boundaries during ion sputtering and solid phase epitaxy of Si(001)," Surf. Sci. 538, L471 (2003).
(9) J. C. Kim, J.-Y. Ji, J. S. Kline, J. R. Tucker, and T.-C. Shen, "Preparation of atomically clean and flat Si(100) surfaces by low-energy ion sputtering and low-temperature annealing," Appl. Surf. Sci. 220, 293 (2003).
(10) J.-Y. Ji, T.-C. Shen, "Low Temperature Silicon Epitaxy on Hydrogen Terminated Si(100) Surfaces," Phys. Rev. B 70, 115309 (2004).
(11)J.-Y. Ji, T.-C. Shen, "A scanning tunneling microscopy study of PH3 adsorption on Si(111)-7x7 surfaces, P-segregation and thermal desorption", Surf. Sci.(2007).