The mission of Utah State University is to be one of the nation's premier student-centered land-grant and space-grant universities by fostering the principle that academics come first, by cultivating diversity of thought and culture, and by serving the public through learning, discovery, and engagement.
Utah State University's 10 Goals
- Enhance the reputation of the University for learning, discovery, and engagement.
- Expand and diversify the revenues of the University.
- Adopt new business models that embrace accountability, responsiveness, and efficiency, and a budget process that is responsive to University goals.
- Strengthen the recruitment, retention, graduation, and placement of students and, as part of that goal, reduce the student-faculty ratio.
- Raise the base level of compensation for faculty and staff to be more competitive with peer institutions, and reward especially outstanding faculty and staff achievements.
- Build a socially and intellectually vibrant campus community, enhanced by the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students.
- Infuse new energy into graduate programs, particularly at the doctoral level.
- Foster new partnerships, both internally and externally.
- Communicate the success of the University to the world.
- Launch and complete a successful comprehensive campaign in support of the other nine goals generally and establish the central proposition that, at Utah State, academics come first.