USU United: Presidential Priorities
USU President Noelle E. Cockett unveiled her presidential priorities on Oct. 1, 2019, at the State of the University Address. Her priorities for the institution include ways in which the university is currently succeeding and aspirations for future success. All 10 priorities fall within the university’s mission of learning, discovery, and engagement.
- Student Success, including experiential learning.
- Access to post-secondary education for underserved populations and communities across Utah.
- Strengthen USU’s trajectory of research distinction.
- Communicate and develop USU’s excellence in water, land and air research.
- Expand outreach to Utah citizens in the areas of health and well-being.
- Increase diversity of students, faculty and staff.
- Promote inclusiveness and respect across the USU community.
- Facilitate students and faculty entrepreneurship.
- Launch USU’s second fundraising capital campaign.
- Continue to compete in the upper echelon of the Mountain West Conference.