Course and Syllabus Approval Process
The following procedures apply for approval of, or changes to, General Education courses.
- For a new course with general education designation, the following must be submitted:
- To make a change (adding or deleting a general education course designation) to an existing course, the following must be submitted:
- For approval of a new section of USU 1300-1360 breadth courses, the following must be submitted:
- General Education Course Approval Request form (Curriculog).
- A USU breadth course instructor or a department (in the case of other courses with a General Education designation), wishing to make a significant change to their existing curriculum must submit their Curriculog request for review. This action does require the submittal of a General Education Course Approval Request Form or a Semester Course Approval Form.
All required information must be submitted electronically to the General Education Subcommittee Chair, Lee Rickords (2016-2017).
All approved requests will be signed by the EPC Chair, Larry Smith. The EPC Chair will prepare a report and request that all approved items be placed on the next agenda for the Faculty Senate Executive Committee and Faculty Senate.