When funding support is inadequate or unavailable, fees are approved for the following items and activities to enhance the educational experience:
- Computers: Use, replacement, repairs and maintenance
- Software: Use, upgrades and licensing
- Equipment: Use, replacement, repairs and maintenance
- Materials and Supplies: Use and replacement
- Consumables: Use and replacement
- Student Teaching Assistants
- Field Trips and Class Activities
With the exception of equipment replaced on a rotating schedule, course fees should be used each semester for the benefit of students who paid the fees. When requesting course fees, departments must justify the need for a course fee and explain why the need cannot be funded through other means.
Course fee requests are submitted through Curriculog and reviewed by the Course Fee Committee on a three-year review cycle. Departments may request course fees outside of the regular review cycle. The schedule and process for requesting course fees within and outside of the regular review cycle are explained here.
For more information on course fees, please contact:
Janet B. Anderson
Phone: (435) 797-2104