Sample Role Statements
A role statement is a document that broadly describes the multiple responsibilities of a faculty member at Utah State University and outlines the performance expectations that the University has of faculty members. The role statement establishes general parameters and principles for the employment of faculty at Utah State University.
For use across departments and academic units, the Provost's Office has created the following Master Templates:
- Assistant Professor - as of December 8, 2015
- Associate Professor - as of February 10, 2016
- Professor - as of February 10, 2016
- Lecturer - as of September 3, 2015
- Research Assistant Professor - as of February 22, 2016
- Professional Practice Assistant Professor - as of April 27, 2016
- Department Head at Professor Rank - as of April 26, 2016
- Department Head at Associate Professor Rank - as of April 26, 2016
Below are sample role statements unqiue to each academic unit at Utah State University. These are provided as examples. Each faculty member should work with his or her Department Head and Dean to construct their individual role statement.