"A sabbatical leave is a professional leave of absence with compensation for tenured faculty members for a year or fraction thereof as determined by the appropriate dean, director, or vice president, and the Provost, for the purpose of renewing, updating, and broadening the individual's teaching, research, or professional skills and knowledge." (USU Policy 365)
Sabbatical applications are now submitted through Curriculog.
- Log in to Curriculog (https://usu.curriculog.com/) using your A number and strong password.
- Click on the + New Proposal link in the top left corner.
- Select Sabbatical Leave Application from the processes list and click on it. It may appear on the second page.
- Click the blue circle with a checkmark to the right to start the proposal.
- Read and follow the instructions on the form and then submit to the approval queue. Be sure to attach all necessary documents before submitting.
- Contact Barbara Williams at 7-1840 with any questions about this form.
Submit completed applications to the Provost's Office by February 14 for sabbaticals planned for the following full fiscal or academic year. Applications for sabbatical leaves of shorter durations or with other begin dates must be submitted to the Provost's Office at least six months prior to the beginning of the proposed leave.
For more information, please contact:
Janis L. Boettinger
Utah State University
1435 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-1435
Phone: (435) 797-8176