The Legacy of Utah State Award 2016
The Legacy of Utah State Award is given each year to recognize and emphasize a student who represents the heart and soul of the university. Students should show a commitment to the institution and their program of study, as well as demonstrate internal involvement and service, department dedication, perseverance during times of adversity, and contribution behind the scenes.
The dean is to appoint a committee with students, faculty, and administrative representation to select an average, but committed student from each college. The Robins Awards Committee will then appoint a committee to select the winner of the "Legacy of Utah State Award" from the eight college nominees. The person is recognized at the annual Robins Awards.
The recipient shall have participated in the following manner:
- Commitment to institution and their program of study.
- Internal involvement and service.
- Department dedication.
- Perseverance during times of adversity.
- Contribution behind the scenes.
- Hard worker and good work ethic.
- Must be a Utah State University student.
Deadline for submission: TBD.
In order to provide greater uniformity in the nomination materials provided to the Committee, the following must be prepared, with a maximum of 15 pages total length, approximately 12 pt. font. Materials must be submitted as a single indexed pdf file to Suzanne Thorpe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nomination letter from the Dean of the college.
- Letter of support from the department head.
- Letter of support from the faculty who nominated them (if the faculty member is the dean or department head, no additional letter is required).
- Contact information for the nominee (phone and/or e-mail address).
Please submit materials to the Office of the Vice President for Student Services by e-mailing Suzanne Thorpe at email@example.com or 435-797-9250.
Legacy of Utah State Recipients
Cathy Mangum, College of Science, 2015
Tommy Thompson, S.J. & Jessie E. Quinney College of Natural Resources, 2014
Kasondra Payne, College of Humanities & Social Sciences, 2013
Lisa Boyd, College of Natural Resources, 2012
Caleb Kauffman, College of Natural Resources, 2011
Andrew J. Hobson, College of Engineering, 2010
Heather Barger, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, 2009
Bradley Hintze, College of Science, 2008
Coby Champneys, College of Agriculture, 2007