Scholar of the Year 2016
The Scholar of the Year Award is given each year to recognize and emphasize excellence in scholarship. Other service and student activity involvement may become a consideration in the selection process, but the main emphasis will be on scholarly achievement.
The dean is to appoint a committee with students, faculty, and administrative representation to select an outstanding student scholar from each college. The Robins Award Committee will then appoint a committee to select the Scholar of the Year from the eight college nominees. The person is recognized at the annual Robins Award on Saturday, April 16, 2016.
The nominee should be receiving a bachelor's degree at this year's commencement exercises.
The recipient shall have participated in the following manner:
- Achieved outstanding academic success.
- Inspired other students through exemplary conduct.
- Developed interest and expertise outside of academic area.
- Made a significant, lasting contribution to the department, college, general campus, and community.
- Exhibited traits of maturity, sincerity, and dependability.
- Been well-liked by students, faculty, and staff.
- Developed personal talents and abilities in a significant manner.
- Furthered personal and professional goals through widespread academic, social, and extra-curricular involvement.
Deadline for submission: Friday, February 12, 2016.
In order to provide greater uniformity in the nomination materials provided to the Committee, the following must be prepared, with a maximum of 15 pages total length, approximately 12 pt. font. Materials must be submitted in PDF format via electronic form.
- A nomination letter from the Dean of the college or designee.
- Transcript of credits.
- Summary of academic and extra-curricular involvement at Utah State University and in the community.
- One letter of support from a professor.
- A short biography (2 paragraph maximum).
- A professional portrait.
Questions can be directed to the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost by contacting Lauren Skousen at email@example.com or 435-797-1166.
Scholar of the Year Recipients
Allison Fife, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, 2015
Briana Bowen, College of Humanities and Social Sciences, 2014
Brooke Siler, Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, 2013
Mark E. Noble, College of Science, 2012
Kristina Morrey, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, 2011
Angela Dixon, College of Engineering, 2010
Jennifer Roth, College of Science, 2009
Scott Davis, College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, 2007