L.A. STODDART SCHOLARSHIP
Initiated in 1974, the L.A. Stoddart Range Management Scholarship is awarded annually by the Utah Section of the Society for Range Management to two outstanding sophomore or juniors in a range or range-related program at a Utah university. This cash scholarship honors the memory of the late Dr. L.A. Stoddart, former head of the Range Science Department at USU and a noted researcher, scholar and educator.
Each year, the Utah Section of SRM awards two $1500 scholarships. The scholarship competition is open to students who currently are sophomore or juniors in a range or range-related program at a Utah University. Applicants must also be members of the Society for Range Management. Past recipients of the scholarship may also apply, however preference will be given to those who have not received the scholarship in the past.
Applications will be due for the 2013 - 2014 academic year in the spring of 2013 . The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of GPA, Society for Range Management activities, demonstrated leadership, letters of recommendation, and potential to contribute to the range management profession.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS (In PDF Form)
- Cover letter that introduces the student and describes career goals and activities in SRM and/or other range-related organizations. Include the following information:
- Name, birth date, address, e-mail, university, major, and expected semester of graduation.
- Transcripts for all undergraduate institutions attended which include both courses taken and GPA on a 4-point scale (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay (2-page maximum) on a topic chosen by the committee dealing with an aspect of Rangeland Management.