Welcome to the Faculty page.
The Writing Fellows Program is always accepting new instructors to work with. For more information or to apply to use the program you may contact Julie Foust Andrew at 797-3648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When considering if the WF Program is the right fit for your course, please keep the following program requirements in mind:
- All courses using WFs must have at least two, and no more than three, writing assignments (or a combination of writing and speaking) that are handled by the WFs.
- One paper must be completed before midterm and one after.
- The writing assignments and meetings with WFs must be a required part of the course.
- Any papers submitted to unaccompanied by WF comments should be deemed incomplete.
- Papers submitted to the WFs late are not acceptable.
- Instructors will inform WFs of any change in paper dates or assignments at least 10 days in advance.
Also, as you consider working with the WFs, please remember the following:
- WFs do not grade papers-they act as tutors.
- WFs need about two weeks to write comments and to meet with students in a 30 minute conference session.
- WFs have a 60-hour contract, most of which is spent in writing critiques and meeting with students-they may attend the class a few times to introduce themselves or pick up papers, but the do not sit in on class regularly.
Please use the links below to read a .PDF Guide for Insturctors and to request an WF.
The Guide for Instructors
If you need a more intensive support than WFs provide please inquire about the Undergraduate Teachning Fellows Program.