Ever Wanted to Join a Fraternity? Rush Week can allow you…
Black Mountain College: Shaping Craft + Design. This…
This weekly support group is designed to assist students…
Career Services is happy to host fairs affording…
Frequently Asked Questions
Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How does Waitlisting work?
Rate This FAQ
Students who attempt to register for a class that is full may
themselves on a waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. When
an open seat becomes available, an e-mail will be sent to the
“preferred” e-mail address of the student at the top of the waiting
list. The student will have 24 hours to go online and add the class.
The open seat will be reserved for that student and no other student may login and register for that seat during that 24-hour time period.
If the student does not respond, the next student on the list will be notified and have 24 hours to respond.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are faculty required to use the Waitlisting feature?
- I accidentally dropped my waitlisted class. How do I get back in?
- How do I sign up for a waiting list?
- Why can’t I get on a waiting list for a class that has a lab or recitation?
- May I get on the waiting list for a class that has a time conflict with another course?
- Is there a way for me to see how close I am to the top of a waiting list?
- I received a waitlist e-mail, but when I tried to register I couldn’t because of a registration hold. What’s wrong?
- What if I am a senior? Shouldn’t I get priority over a freshman?