Student Athlete Scholarship Golf Tournament
Now in its 27th year, USU’s Student Showcase is the…
Faculty engaged in mentoring undergraduate researchers…
Aggie Ice Cream tours will consist of viewing a DVD on…
Ignite is the rising star of Research Week, encapsulating…
Veterans Benefits Resources
Veterans Verification Office
Contact: Kevin Griffin, VA Certifing Official
Office: TSC 314
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8-5
VA Work Study
You may be able to obtain a work-study position if you are receiving VA education benefits and attending USU at least three-quarter time. The actual positions depend on availability. Currently, some students are receiving their work-study at the Veterans Resource Office. If you are interested, click here for more information or contact USU Veterans Resource Office(above).
Federal Benefits (GI Bill/VA Benefits)
The education benefits administered by the department of Veterans Affairs include the following. Click on each link to find out more information. You may also ask questions at the USU Veterans Verification Office.
Click this link for information on Federal Financial Aid
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- Reserve Educational Assistance program (REAP)
- Veterans Educational Assistance program (VEAP)
- Educational Assistance Test Program (Section 901)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- National Call to Service program
(If any of the links are broken, go to the main page for VA benefits at http://www.gibill.va.gov/)
The VA also provides tutorial assistance to veterans who are receiving at least half-time VA educational assistance. If you are interested, contact the Veterans Verification Office. Note that your tutor must be provided or approved by the USU Academic Resource Center.
The State of Utah offers a variety of benefits specifically for Utah veterans. Many of the benefits are for disabled veterans. Listed below are examples of the benefits listed as of August 2009.
Please visit the Utah Department of veteran's web site for detailed and the most current information.
- Veterans Service Coordinator
- Disabled veteran property tax abatement
- Purple Heart Tuition Waiver
- Purple Heart Fee exemption
- Scott B Lundell Tuition Waiver for Military Member's Surviving Dependents
- Honorary High School Diplomas
- Veterans License Plates
- Free Use of Armories
- Fishing License Privileges (for disabled veterans)
- America the Beautiful Pass (federal benefits, available in all states)
- National Guard/USU Tuition Waiver