Sexual Assault & Anti-Violence Information
This exhibits showcases works of art that share a…
This exhibit showcases, for the first time, the…
Sample cheese and learn how it's made!
A funny, touching portrait of two people searching for…
Join us for a nature walk on the Preserve! You will learn…
Stalking is repeated harassment or invasions of privacy leaving a person in fear for her/his safety or the safety of loved ones. Stalking may include:
- physically following another person
- repeatedly making unwanted contact with another person (i.e. coming to the person's home, sending letters, emails, phone calls, text messages, messages through another person, etc.)
- closely observing a person's actions for an extended period of time
- inappropriately contacting a person's family members or friends
Stalking is against the law in the State of Utah. Depending on its severity, stalking can be charged as a misdemeanor or felony.
The Utah Criminal Code (state statutes or laws that describe what criminal behavior is) describes the official legal elements of stalking. To read Utah laws regarding stalking:
- Visit the Utah State Legislature website: http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_05_010605.htm
- Utah State Courts : http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/forms/index.htm#Stalking
- Utah Civil Stalk Injunction Information and Forms: http://www.utcourts.gov/resources/forms/civilstalking/Stalking_InfoSheet.htm
Note: If you would like assistance completing these forms, please contact SAAVI or CAPSA to speak with an advocate.