Proposal Development Resources
Carly Cummings - College of Science Proposal Development Specialist
The Dean’s office is dedicated to enhancing the research portfolio of the College of Science, working with individual faculty members in support of their proposal development efforts.
As the Proposal Development Specialist for the College of Science, I am available to assist you when considering or preparing to submit a grant proposal. I have been trained as a scientist and spent time in academia before being lured into the realm of science policy and later to research administration.
The levels of service that I can provide are found in the Menu of Proposal Development Services document found below (second button from the top), and the guidance for when to contact me (it is never too early!) is outlined in the Lead Time for Proposal Development Services document below (third button down).
Other information that you will find here are proposal guidelines, checklists, and template documents for NSF, NIH, and USDA NIFA proposals.
If you would like to request assistance, please click the first button below and complete the very short web form that will provide me with the necessary information to get things started. I will contact you within 24 hours of submitting the web form.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions. I look forward to working with you!
Carly Cummings, PhD, CPRA
Office Location: ESLC 245A
Menu of Proposal Development Services
Lead Time for Proposal Development Services
- FAQs for CAREER Program
- Resources for NSF Grant Development
- NSF Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) 17-1 (updated 1/30/2017)
- NSF Proposal Checklist for PAPPG 17-1 (updated 5/26/2017)
- Assign a PIN to a Proposal in FastLine
- NIH Application Instructions
- Biosketch Instructions Forms
- Biosketch Sample Forms
- Rigor and Reproducibility Chart 508
- Video: 8 Ways to Successfully Navigate NIH Peer Review and Get an R01 Grant
- Video: NIH Peer Review Briefing for Basic Research Applicants and Reviewers