Welcome Aggie Parents
Aggie parents enjoy a rich tradition of involvement with their students. We realize that the transition to college affects the entire family. Our Parent Orientation has been designed to provide answers to your questions, while fostering open discussion among parents, University administrators, and current Utah State students. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) will be discussed, along with ways that you can be supportive to your student while letting him or her maintain a level of independence.
Spring Parent Orientation
Parent Orientation is a separate but concurrent orientation session designed for parents and family members of incoming students. It is designed to give parents and family members a general idea of what to expect while their student attends Utah State University. A wide array of services and resources available to students and family members will be covered, as well as important topics relevant to having a student go through the transition to college. Parent Orientation provides an opportunity to meet with University administrators and to receive direct answers from official University sources.
Parent Orientation will be held during Spring SOAR on November 18, 2013. The price is $15/parent and that includes lunch.
Spring Parent Orientation Schedule
- 9:00-10:45 a.m. - Check-In with student (some students will be taking math placement tests during this time)
- 11 a.m. - Welcome
- 11:10 a.m. – Parent Welcome
- 11:15 a.m. – Academics, Finances, and Student Life
- 11:45 a.m. - Academic Resource Center, Campus Safety, Career Services
- 12:30 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:15 p.m. - Debit and I.D. Card
- 1:25 p.m. – Student Health and Wellness
- 2:30 p.m. - Wrap up and Final Questions